Saturday 8 May 2010

Butterflies





It's been a busy week this week making birthday cakes and cards. I really like the butterfly theme so have adapted a design and created one of my own for girlie birthdays.

Have been trying to source a butterfly punch one with a smooth rounded shape but so far have not seen one I really like so for now have been using a template to cut out the different sized butterflies. The small butterflies are with a mini punch but I'm not that keen on the detail.

I try to keep my cards simple by using shape, colour and layout to emphasise the theme. I don't like gold and silver stickers, peels offs etc and if I'm honest I can't stand those cards that have something in every inch - you know the ones I mean...you see them mostly on that TV channel. But each to their own.

I hope you like these designs. I'll show you the cakes when I have finished the one for today. I must try to make a list of the items I use to make my cards. It seems to be a necessity but another discipline I must get used to. I'll get the hang of it eventually. I very good at keeping my sketch / idea book filled in and I always carry it in my bag you never know when inspiration will strike!! Must go and finish birthday cake number 2

No comments:

Post a Comment